New Britten-Pears in £4.7m investment Archive opens

Posted on 15 June 2013 by admin

The archive is in  Aldeburgh – which Benjamin Britten shared with Peter Pears from 1957 until his death 1976. Designed by architects Stanton Williams, the archive includes manuscripts for over 700 pieces of music, diaries, 80,000 letters, photographs, recordings, films, costumes, set models, art and books. Britten’s composing studio at The Red House has also been completely restored to its earliest incarnation from 1958.

The purpose-built archive in the grounds of The Red House follows a £4.7m investment, for further information visit the Britten-Pears Foundation website.

Comments are closed.

———————————-

Life Is Like An Exciting Movement, And Everyday Starts A New Bagatelle.

About C.Daily

Valuable Classical Newsletter│About Musicians & Compositions Related to Classical Music Eras│Contact at Info@ClassicalDaily.com